In this age of the internet, everyone having a smartphone must have an email ID. Several online services require us to have an email ID to use them. We should keep on changing the passwords of our email IDs to be secure. But several users of the iPhone have reported facing difficulties after changing the password for their email accounts. If you are one such user facing the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will mention all possible ways of how to update email password on iPhone. Read this article carefully to avoid any glitch while doing it.
How to update email password on iPhone:
These are the simple steps to follow for updating the password on iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select the option Passwords & Accounts from the list of options.
- On the next screen, a list of all the email accounts will appear. Select the email account whose password is to be updated.
- Click on the Account field to open the login details of that email account.
- Now, tap on the password field and clear the existing password. After that, enter the new password and click on the Done button to finish this process.
There have been several cases when the password field is completely missing from the email page on the iPhone. That becomes a very frustrating issue for the users because they can’t update the password on their iPhone. Now that you are well aware of how to update email password on iPhone, read the text mentioned below to tackle this problem as well.
1. Check your internet connection:
The first thing to do when you are facing issues with any of your online services. Check your internet connection. If you are using a Wi-Fi network, then switch to Cellular Data and vice-versa. In case you have a weak internet connection, you can’t connect to other online services as well.
2. Update your password by opening the Re-enter password option on your iPhone:
This is a fix you should try if you want to update password iPhone email and the password field is missing. Follow the instructions mentioned below to do this:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on the option Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the email account for which you want to update the password.
- Tap on the option Re-enter password.
- Type your new password (one thing you should keep in mind that you can’t change the password for your email ID here, you can only update the password that you have already updated on the server of that email service).
3. Check if the email servers are down:
If you are unable to get a proper answer to your question how to update email password on iPhone, you should check whether the servers of the email are down. You can check it by going to any online forum or Down Detector or even on the official twitter handle of that company.
4. Change your password using the error banner of that email account:
This is a very effective way of changing your email password when you are wondering about how to update email password on iPhone. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open the inbox of the mail service whose password you want to change.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the screen until you see an option Account Error.
- Click on the blue Details option that is next to the Account Error text.
- You will get a bigger screen that will ask you to enter the password of that account. Tap on the Settings option on that Window.
- Now, click on the option Re-enter password and then, type your new password.
- After a moment your password will be updated.
5. Delete the account from your iPhone and then add it again:
When you find all of the answers regarding how to update email password on iPhone, you can delete your account from iPhone using the settings. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete your account from your iPhone:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on the option Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the account that is causing the trouble.
- On the new window, click on the button Delete Account.
- At last, tap on the option Delete this app from the iPhone.
Close the Settings App on your iPhone. After you have deleted the account, add it again by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and then click on Passwords & Accounts.
- At the bottom of the new screen, you will find an option Add Account, click on this option.
- Now, fill in the credentials of your account and click on Add.
After you have completed this procedure, open your Mail and see if it is working correctly.
6. How to deal with the message Account is Already added:
Many users have complained that they got a message that Account is Already Added when they tried to add an account. You can fix this issue by adding your account after force restarting your iPhone. As we have mentioned the steps to add the account in the above sections. Here, we will mention the steps to force restart your account:
- Press and hold Home button and Power button at the same. Release these buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen. ( for iPhone 6 and the prior versions).
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Press and release the volume up button then quickly do the same for the volume down Now, press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
7. You can add your account manually to your iPhone:
If you are searching for more answers of how to update email password on iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below to add your account manually:
- Tap on the Settings icon and then click on Passwords & Accounts.
- Select on the option Add Account. From the list of options, select Other.
- Now, tap on option Add Mail Account.
- Type the User ID and the password. You have to fill the information in the Host name.
- Then, it will verify your account. After the verification is finished, choose the services that you want to sync with your email account.
After completion of this procedure, open the Mail service and see if is working correctly.
8. You can also add the SMTP manually:
Follow the steps mentioned below to add the SMTP manually:
- Open Settings on your iPhone then, tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the Account that is causing a problem.
- Click on the email address of the account.
- On the new page, click on the option SMTP or something just like this.
- Now, tap on the option Add Server and fill in the details required. (Host name, User name and the Passwords).
The upper section contains several answers regarding your question of how to update email password on iPhone, but you can use the Mail Settings Lookup tool to check the credentials of the email accounts that you added on your iPhone. This tool can very easily tell you whether the information about your email is correct or not.
In this article, we have mentioned many answers to your question of how to update email password on iPhone. You can contact us through our website if you are unable to do it even after trying all the solutions mentioned above. You can also call us on our toll-free number. Our experts will talk to you and resolve your issues. We specialize in dealing with problems related to online media.
Contact Information: –