In this age of the internet, we have so many services to use on our devices. Doing all those things on our devices require space. The more services we use on our devices more space is occupied. If you are one of those users having a lot of applications installed on your device and when you turn ON your device, you see the message Startup disk is almost full and you want to get rid of unnecessary apps, this article is for you. Whenever the disk space is full, most people start deleting the pictures, videos and other files stored on their device but they don’t care about the unnecessary apps. But checking the unnecessary apps should be our first step in case we find our disk space to be full. This article explains in detail how to uninstall apps on the mac. Go through the steps mentioned below for uninstalling app in mac.
You can uninstall apps on your mac manually by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Finder in your Mac.
2. Go to the Application
3. After you have entered the Application folder, move all the unnecessary apps to the trash.
4. You can do it by right-clicking on the app you want to uninstall and then click on the option Move to trash.
One of the most common mistakes that users make is when they think that once they move the applications in the trash, all the data related to that application is deleted automatically. But, this is not the case. After you have completed the task of moving applications to the trash, you need to remove the files associated to the apps that you deleted (those files are called as the services files). The services files are available in the library folder. In case you have got the answer of how to uninstall app in mac here is the way to remove the services files from you macboook.
To remove the service files, you need to open the library folder in your mac. You can open the system library folder on your mac by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the finder window on your mac.
- Click on the option Go.
- Then, a dropdown list will appear on the screen. From that list, Select the option Go to Folder.
- A dialogue window will appear on the screen, type ~/library in that dialogue box and then click on the option
- Then the required mac library folder will open on the screen.
- Click on the option Library from the list of options available there.
- Now that you have opened the Library of your Macbook, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to remove the services files of the deleted apps:
- Once you are in the library, check the subfolders of the apps you just deleted and remove all those
After you have done all the things mentioned above, don’t forget to clear the trash.