In this age of the internet, we use numerous online services. Streaming media content online has become very popular nowadays. Firestick is one of the most popular among streaming devices. Firestick is used by a lot of users because of its simple interface. But the facts mentioned above don’t make Firestick free from faults. Many users keep complaining about some issues related to Firestick. Most of the glitches associated to Firestick can be solved by resetting firestick. If you are one such user facing problems with your Firestick, this article is for you. Here we will mention steps to reset firestick. This article will guide you through the process of how to reset a firestick remote.
How to reset firestick?
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset firestick using the remote:
- Turn ON your television and then connect your firestick with the TV.
- Once you have connected the fire stick to the TV, open the settings on your TV by using the navigation.
- From the right panel, select My FireTV.
- At the bottom of the list, you will find an option called Reset the Factory Default Settings. Click on it.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm your decision, click on Reset to confirm.
- The process to reset your FireTV will start. It will take 10-15 minutes. Wait until this process is complete and then reboot Firestick. (if you are wondering about how to reboot firestick, you can do it by pressing the restart button).
If you are unable to reset firestick even after trying all the steps mentioned in this section, check the next fix mentioned below.
How to reset a fire stick when the screen is frozen?
Many times the screen is frozen, which disables the users to do anything on their TV. In that case, you will need another way to reset firestick. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- On your remote, press and hold the back and the right button for at least 20-30 seconds. This will reset your Firestick.
- You will not be able to do it if your remote is not working well. In this case, you should buy a new remote instead of worrying about how to reset firestick remote. There has been several blogs about how to reset amazon fire stick remote but none of them works well. You better buy another remote.
We hope this section must have solved your issue. We highly recommend you to replace the remote rather than trying to reset fire TV remote.
How to reset Fire Stick without a remote?
If you are unable to reset firestick with your remote. You can factory reset firestick with computer or smartphone. In this section, we will talk about doing it using your phone. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Down the application called Fire TV on your Android or iPhone.
- After you have installed this application on your phone, connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network that your fire TV is connected to.
- Enter the 4 digit code that appears on the screen. Now you can control the navigation using the application.
- Using the application, go to the settings and then select reset to factory settings.
There is another way to reset Firestick if you don’t have the remote, or you don’t want to use the remote. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Instead of using the remote, you may use a mouse. Just connect your mouse to the TV, and you will be able to navigate with the help of mouse pointer on the screen. Follow the steps that we have mentioned above to reset firestick.
- There is another application called the Alexa remote app. Download this application on your android or iPhone. You can control the interface of TV with the help of this application.
We have mentioned many ways to reset firestick. We have tried to avoid the situation to reset fire tv remote.
There are many other issues that the users of Firestick face. We are listing some of the problems, and then you may try several solutions that would be mentioned later.
- Your FireTV will get stuck while operating.
- FireTV remote not working.
- Black screen on FireStick.
- Firestick will start rebooting again and again. (in this case, you will wonder about how to reboot firestick)
- Problems while streaming on your Firestick.
The common solution to all these problems is to reset firestick remote. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset firestick remote:
- Turn ON your FireTV and the Fire Stick.
- Open the Home Menu and then select the option Settings.
- Click on the System and then choose the option reset to factory default settings.
- After you have clicked on this option, an option will appear on the screen saying You are about reset firestick remote.
- Click on the reset button to start this process.
- Wait for this process to be completed.
- After the completion of this process, restart your TV and see if you have resolved your issue.
There are other ways too that you may try to reset firestick remote. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Unplug the Firestick from the power source.
- Now, press and hold the following buttons: Back button, Menu button, and the left navigation key. Continue it until 20-30 seconds.
- Now, take out the batteries from the remote and then wait for another 20-30 minutes.
- Now, place fresh batteries into remote.
- Power up the Firestick and see if you have resolved your problem.
You can pair your fire TV remote by following the steps mentioned below:
Many users find their Firestick remote, not working. This issue can be solved by pairing your remote to Firestick properly:
- Plug your Firestick to your TV. (HDMI is the port where you need to plug the firestick).
- Turn ON your firestick as well as the TV.
- After, your Firestick has booted up, press and hold the Home button on you remote for at least 10 seconds.
- After about 10 seconds, your remote will be paired to your TV.
Some other ways to reset your firestick:
We have talked about many ways to reset firestick with and without a remote. But several people have faced issues while resetting their Firestick. This issue generally occurs to those who have set a PIN. In this case, you can reset the PIN. Following are the ways you can do it.
- Go to the official website of Amazon.com/PIN.
- Click on the option Reset to set your PIN.
- After you have reset your PIN, you will be able to reset firestick.
You can also reset by pressing and holding the right navigation button and return button for 10 seconds.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to reset firestick. You can opt for any of those methods based on your requirements. There are ways to do it with or without a remote, with or without a PIN. If all the steps mentioned above didn’t resolve your problem, then you need some help from the experts. You can contact us through our website. We have a team of professionals to help you with your issues related to phones and PCs. Our team specializes in dealing with issues related to online media. Call us on our toll-free number whenever you find any glitch. We are available 24X7 for your help.