The ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error can show in any of the latest of Microsoft’s OS: window 7,8,8.1 and 10. The problem in question comes up when you are trying to connect to a website with the HTTPS protocol, and its means your secure connection fails.
It might stem from a harsh security setting, protocol issues, software conflicts, or browser issues. So, if you will follow these steps to fix the error code.
ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error problem:
Remove Firefox’s add-ons
Although add-ons usually come in pretty helpful, they are often reported to cause multiple connection problems. Then you will try disabling add-ons in Firefox.
- Navigate to the Firefox URL bar.
- You will type about: addons. Then press Enter.
- When locates your add-ons. You will choose to disable and next to them.
Finally, your browser will be started and you see if your problem has been Fixed.
Check your proxy settings
If you are using a proxy server, you will check your proxy server settings are correct. The issue is, they might be configured the wrong way, which can trigger the ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error. Check them now and try to connect to the desirable website again.
Start Firefox in safe mode
When you will start your Firefox to its default settings resolve the ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error problem. Although you might like you customize browser when choosing between nice add-ons and themes and a secure connection.
- You will launch your Firefox browser.
- Click the open menu and then select the Help option.
- Click on the restart with Add-ons and disabled.
- After this, press restart and then click on start in safe mode.
After this, you can check the resolve your ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error problem.
The other option that may help you resolve yourssl_error_rx_record_too_long problem with Firefox implies tweaking your security.tls.version.max setting. Now, these steps you can follow.
- First, you will open a new tab and launch your Firefox browser.
- After this, you can type about: config into the Firefox URL bar then press the Enter.
- If you get a warning message then you will click on, I accept the risk.
- After this, you go to the search area and type ‘security.tls.version.max ‘.
- When it appears in the list of results, you will double click on security.tls.version.max.
- After this the enter integer value will open then you will put the value 0 and click on ok.
After this method, you will fix your problem.
Update your Firefox
If you will update your Firefox rime to time you do not face these problems. These easy steps you will follow and you can update your Firefox. Here is the instruction for this.
- First, you will launch your Firefox.
- After this, you go to the top right corner then click on the Menu icon.
- After this click on Help and select Firefox from the drop-down menu.
- After this, you will be taken to the Firefox screen. Your browser will be updated automatically.
- When your Firefox will update and then restart your browser and check after this, you will check your connection is ok.
Then you can check your ssl_error_rx_record_too_long Firefox error resolved or not.