FaceTime is a great function of the macOS. It means you can communicate with your friends, family, colleagues on video chat with the use of this function. Some users report that FaceTime not working on Mac. Read this full article to know the exact causes and solutions of its.
Steps to Fix FaceTime not working on Mac:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Make sure your internet connectivity is good:-
If you use a bad internet connection, then you get that my FaceTime keeps failing on Mac. And it is one of the common causes of this issue. So, try to improve your internet connection speed to fix this issue. Go through the below steps:
- You have to check your Wi-Fi connectivity by visiting the Wi-Fi icon from the menu bar.
- If the icon doesn’t show any bar, then it means Wi-Fi may be turned off.
- So, simply tap on the icon to turn on the Wi-Fi.
- In case you don’t have the Wi-Fi icon in your menu bar, then you have to navigate to the System Preferences
- Now, go to the Network section to check the internet connection.
- In case you are connected properly, but the internet is not working, then you have to need to restart your router or modem.
- So, turned off your modem or router and unplugged it from the main switch.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and plugin back.
- Turn on your router or modem and wait to connect your Mac device.
- Now, you can see that the issue has been resolved successfully.
2. Check for Apple’s server:-
Due to issues in Apple’s server, you also get FaceTime not working on MacBook. One thing is good if this error happens due to Apple’s server because you are ensured that your app is safe. Go through the below steps to fix this issue:
- First of all, you have to navigate in Apple’s System Status page and search out the FaceTime from the available list to check the FaceTime server status.
- If you find that the circle is green, which is next to the FaceTime status, then it means the server is working well.
- If you don’t see the green colour in the circle, then it goes down, and Apple will be working on restoring connectivity.
- In case the FaceTime status is looked green, but the app is not working for you, then this issue occurs to affect your area.
- In this scenario, it may be possible that Apple doesn’t seem aware of this issue.
- So, it is better to go with the second server status via reading from the website such as Outage.Report or Down Detector.
- You can use any from these both apps that show you map easily to identify if your area is affected.
- Now, restart your Mac system and check if the issue has been resolved. If not, then move to the next solution.
3. Make sure the FaceTime is switched on:-
Sometimes, it happens that we ignore the easiest and go for the troubleshooting steps. Because we already think that this little bit fault not possible by our end. So, we recommend you to try the easiest and common steps to fix the common mistakes.
It may happen that you forget to turn on the FaceTime, so it will show you the pop-up error message saying my FaceTime keep failing 2019. Go through the below steps:
- First of all, open the app and navigate to the FaceTime
- Now, you have to select Turn FaceTime on
- Then, you have to wait for a while to confirm the activation that it is switched on.
- Restart your Mac system and check if the Facetime works properly.
4. Reset the FaceTime app:-
In case, you find that FaceTime app is stuck and shows the pop-up message saying Waiting for Activation, and it use the tried-and-trusted method for switching it off or on. So, you have to reset the FaceTime app to fix the FaceTime not working on Mac issue. Follow the below steps:
- At first, open the Facetime app and navigate to the FaceTime
- Now, you have to go to the Preferences
- Then, move the slider at the off position and after a few second slides to turn it on.
- Now, restart your Mac device and check if the issue has been resolved successfully.
5. Check for the software update:-
Always ensure that all the software is updated with the latest version to run it smoothly. Due to outdated software, you also get FaceTime not working on Mac issue. So, update all the software to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, open App Store and tap on the Updates option from the toolbar.
- Now, you have to tap on the Update option next to any available updates to download and install them.
- So, reopen your Mac device and check if it works properly.
In this blog, we discuss to fix FaceTime not working on Mac. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call to our expert’s team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an email regarding your queries to fix them. We are here for 24*7.
Contact Information: –