As you know, Avast has a self-defense module that protects malicious software from uninstalling Avast from your system. If you want to know how to uninstall Avast antivirus, then read this full blog.
Disable Avast’s Self-defense Module: –
For disabling the self-defense module in Avast, you have to go into a hidden area of the Settings of Avast.
- First of all, open the Avast user interface and tap on the Menu option, which is at the top of the user interface.
- Now, drop-down and select the Settings option.
- A settings window opens. Navigate to the General section, which is at the left side of the panel, and then tap on the Troubleshooting option.
- Now, deselect the checkbox beside the Enable Self-Defense to turned off the Self-Defense module.
- A pop-up open to asking for confirmation. Tap on the OK option to confirm the changes.
- Now, you can Avast Self-defense module is turned off and close the Settings Windows as well as the Avast user interface.
- Restart your system and check that Avast free antivirus uninstall process is complete or not.
Complete the Avast antivirus uninstall: –
Avast Self-Defense module is disabled successfully so that you can uninstall Avast Antivirus.
- First of all, click on the Start menu and type control panel in the search box.
- Now, please tap on the Control Panel to open it.
- After that, select Programs and Features option.
- Please scroll down and search for Avast Antivirus application. Once you find it, then tap on it.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall option to start the Avast uninstall process.
- It opens the Avast’s configuration screen; here are many options to modify the Avast installation. The main options are Repair, Update, or Modify.
- Now, you see the uninstall option, which is at the bottom of the window.
- Tap on it to open the Avast uninstall process.
- After that, a confirmation window opens to ask you if you want to Uninstall Avast, tap on the Yes option to confirm it.
- It opens the Avast uninstall process. It takes a few minutes for the progress bar to complete as the uninstall deletes all of the Avast files distributed throughout your system.
- When the uninstall process is complete, you see a prompt to restart the system so the uninstall can complete. Please tap on the Restart-Computer option to finish it.
- You are restarting your system to complete the uninstall process. Once it has done, you can see Avast antivirus completely uninstalled from your system.
How to uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10: –
- First of all, click on the Start menu and select Settings options and tap on the System option.
- After that, select Apps and Features option, which is on the left-hand side.
- Please scroll down and search Avast, once you find then right-click on it select the Uninstall option
- Now, Windows user account control asks you to confirm. You have to select Yes or No for Uninstalling Avast free antivirus software. Tap on the Yes option.
- After that, you see an Avast uninstall panel that asks for Final permission. So, tap on the Uninstall option.
- Now, Avast asks for final confirmation. So, click on the Yes option.
- Please wait for a moment because it takes some time to execute it. Make sure one thing that during Avast uninstall process doesn’t turn off the device power supply; any power cut forcefully shuts down the machine that can lead to colossal error.
- After completing the Avast Uninstall process, Avast will pop-up an end screen message to complete the process asking you to restart the system for finishing the process.
- Now, you can see the Avast free antivirus uninstall process completed successfully.
Avast uninstall process is not complete yet: –
When you uninstall Avast from your system, then some components are left, which means the uninstall process is not over. You can use the Avast removal tool to uninstall it completely.
- At first, download the Avast removal tool from the Avast official website.
- Now, open Windows in the Safe module.
- Select the uninstall utility option.
- In case you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, then browses for it.
- Now, tap on the Remove option.
- Restart your system and check the Avast Uninstall process is completed successfully.
In this blog, we discussed to Uninstall Avast Antivirus. I hope it is helpful for you. You can also call our expert team if you have doubts regarding this.