Users who switch from PC to Mac, find that instead of Internet Explorer or Edge that were used to, Mac has its own proprietary browser called Safari. On searching for “download Internet Explorer for Mac” there is no exact result for that.
In the initial years of the world-wide web in the late 90s, Internet Explorer was the default browser on all Macs. Then, when Apple introduced Safari as the new default browser in 2003, Microsoft discontinued the development of IE for Mac shortly.
How to use Internet Explorer on Mac
Although launching Internet Explorer on Mac is not possible, there are many other ways to simulate IE for Mac. Below we have discussed many such simple ways:
Simulate Internet Explorer on Mac with Safari
Use these steps to use Internet Explorer with Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Preferences. Click on Advanced
- Select the option “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
- You can now access developer tools directly from Safari. This will let you inspect websites, empty caches, and most importantly simulate a variety of other browsers directly with the help of Safari app. See how to use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer on Mac:
- From the Safari’s menu bar, go to the Develop menu.
- Go to User Agent and select the browser you’re looking for, like Microsoft Edge, any of the Internet Explorer versions, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- The website you are using will be automatically refreshed to reflect the browser you have chosen.
Launch Internet Explorer on a virtual machine
It is not easy to use a virtual machine for Internet Explorer. Virtual machine essentially installs a full-scale copy of Windows on the Mac and lets the user launch it as an app inside the mac OS. You can launch Internet Explorer or any program from here.
Before setting up virtual machine, you need to buy a copy of some virtual machine software and a license for Windows. Now follow these steps:
- Download both VMware fusion (virtual machine software) and the Windows ISO file.
- Launch VMware Fusion
- Select “Create a new custom virtual machine” in the installation method.
- Drag and drop your Windows ISO file onto the dialogue window
- Click Finish and re-launch the virtual machine.
- Click the play button to setup Windows
- Now whenever you want to use Internet Explorer on Mac, simply launch the virtual machine and use IE directly with Windows.
- Remember, virtual machines are quite heavy on your processor because they run the whole operating system inside them.
Use third-party browsers on Mac
Another option is to download any other stable and widely used browser available and make it the default one on your mac OS. You can try these:
Google Chrome is developed by Google and is available on both desktop and mobile devices. It boasts a significant amount of plugins and web apps. Chrome has a good speed and integration with all other Google products.
Firefox is another popular browser. It is an open-source program by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation. It is fast and securer with a variety of features.
Brave is based on the open-source Chromium project. Though it is new, it has quickly gained a loyal following because of its aggressive privacy controls and ad blocking ability.
You can choose from above browsers and find out which suits you the most. For more assistance you can take the help of customer support. They have expert technicians who help the customers in solving the issues related to browsers and other products. You can call them anytime on their toll-free number.